We, the Club Motors Pretoria Team, in a spirit of enthusiasm, trust and partnership, will be the service provider of choice to a complete motoring solution.
Our dealership's history.
In 1931 a German immigrant, Gunter Ludwig, started a small garage on the outskirts of Pretoria. As this business was located nearby the Zwartkop Country Club, the business was aptly named Club Garage. In 1932 Gunter Ludwig acquired the sole rights to import and distribute the German made BMW range of motorcycles. In 1954 the franchise was expanded and a second Club Garage was opened in Johannesburg, and in 1957 the name of the business was changed to Club Motors (Pty) Ltd.
Shortly after this, a new and larger premise was acquired in Pretoria, together with a new branch that opened in Durban. In 1958 Club Motors imported the first BMW motor car, a BMW Isetta, Which was the first mass produced BW. All the while Club Motors remained the sole importers of BMW cars until 1968 when a South African Assembly plant was established. It was at this time that Club Motors became a BMW Franchise dealer, with sales from the three branches totalling 14% to the total sales, which was almost double the nearest competitor.
The business expanded and while the Durban branch was disposed of, three branches were established in the Pretoria area. In 1992 Club Motors was sold to Barloworld Motors and the proud history of Club Motors as well its views of the future are reflected in the Mission, Vision and Values to the Company.
It is the Mission, Vision and Values that makes Club Motors such a successful company. The same mission, vision and values that help Club Motors understand the needs of our Customers.